-first added on 12/19-
Sounds like a long,corny title but it's something that I thought I wouldn't have to deal with until now. I think I have to explain what happened here to bring me to this thought process. It was in July when Aaron (my ex who I was trying to be friends with) and I broke communication with each other. Long story short, he was dealing with some family problems and took his frustration on me. While I tried to listen and help out, it wasn't enough. Then again, I wasn't helpful to him since I was dealing with problems of my own. In the end, we cut our ties with one another and decided not to talk again. He sent an apology the next day but I never responded to it since I was hurt.
So fast forward to a few days ago when I was checking my emails and saw a message from him for a few videos. I thought that he sent it to me on accident and as such I just looked at some of the stuff on there n that was it. A few days later, he sent me a second message saying that he saw my email still in his address book and wanted to try to talk to me again telling me of his discoveries that he did upon himself. He also mentioned that I was and still am a big part of his life that he doesn't want to lose.
So I am now at this fork of whether or not I should talk to him. I can say that I did think of him in October. Granted that I do miss his company but I have moved on with my life and feel that I can no longer deal with everything that he can deal to me.
-added on 12/27-
After much thinking and talking with a friend on this matter I feel that while Aaron has the right intentions in his heart of trying to rebuild our friendship, the time has come to say goodbye. I care for Aaron a great deal and that is something that will not change. At the same time, I need to believe that if you love something so much that there is a time that you just have to let it go free. I feel that this is the point in time that I need to let him go. We had a great run and I would do it in a heartbeat. We both helped each other mature in different ways and as such I am different from when I first started.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment