2/21/10

What a Bad Blogger I Am, But I Have a Reason

I have to say that I haven't been the best blogger here as of late. I can give you a reason why and that is that I got my hours severely cut thanks to my boss saying that I suck at selling, which I have felt is something I know I am good at here. Mind you that that was part of the hidden meaning to his review that he gave me. The other things that he said was the following:

* I have been trained as far as I can go within the company and as such he feels that I am not management material.

* I should look for something else in the management field in a different store and he will only say great things about me (In other words, get out so I can have my new team in the store and have the weaklings out which is bullshit).

* Because of an incident that happened on New Year's Day and a stupid lady complaining saying that I laughed at her after she got soap in her eyes (which was not true), my boss said that I can't move up in the manager ranks for 3 years at least until this fades since I was listed as a manager (another statement of bullshit).

So I have been working nothing but weekends here if I'm lucky and some weeknight shifts but I have only been getting like 0-8 hours a week if I'm lucky here. I am tired of that crap and have been actively searching for something but I have had no luck here. I thought I was going to have a shot with the Allstate job, yet it's been a bit over 2 weeks and I have not heard anything. So I am feeling pissed off that I have not gotten anything saying that I am moving into the next stage of the process or that rejection.

So with all of that happening to me, I have been very depressed and have not really left home for much at all here since January. What also didn't help was that somehow I ended up getting syphilis here and that caused me to shut in even more. Granted that I took care of it and feel a lot better physically but mentally and emotionally, I'm down yet I am starting to see a bit of light here.

I have recently gotten a new job which gave me a new sense of drive and hope. While it's only going til the end of March, it's something that can give me some experience here and at the same time keep me focused with my free time that I have at home. At the same time, I have a few new interviews that are starting up for me that seem to be giving me some extra drive as well. Have had an interview for management position at Harley-Davidson shop inside O'Hare Airport (would suck with working holidays but I can live with that for most part) and at a bank near my house for teller position. So things are starting to look up for me. Just have to keep my hope alive and I know that I will get somewhere someday.

I'll try to post up a new blog entry on my life story thus far soon but for now I hope that this will do for you all. Take care and catch you soon. :-)

Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment